- Global (Extreme) Leadership Development
- Organizational Development
- Global Human Resource/Executive Management
- Cultural Sensemaking in the Workplace
- Intercultural, Global and Inclusive Competence Assessment
- The Inclusion Competencies Inventory: A Skill-based Approach to Inclusion. [WEBINAR PANELIST]. March 11, 2021. Georgia State University’s Center for International Business Education and Research (CIBERs) [Panel discussion on the ICI, a new instrument designed to measure at the individual level competency levels related to inclusion.]
- Advances in Global Leadership. [BOOK Series]. Osland, J. S., & Osland, J. (2014-2022). Emerald Publishing
- The SAGE Handbook of Contemporary Cross-cultural Management. [BOOK]. Szkudlarek, B., Romani, L., Caprar, D., & Osland, J. (Eds.) (2020). SAGE Publications Ltd.
- Management across Cultures: Challenges, Strategies, and Skills. (Fourth edition.). [BOOK]. Steers, R.M., & Osland, J. S. (2020). Cambridge University Press.
- Global Leadership: Research, Practice, and Development. [BOOK]. Mendenhall, M. E., Osland, J., Bird, A., Oddou, G. R., Stevens, M. J., Maznevski, M., & Stahl, G. K. (Eds.). (3rd. edition, 2018). Routledge.
- How to Develop + Measure Global Competencies with Dr. Joyce Osland [VIDEO]. Nov 15, 2018, Cultural Vistas event.
- Exceptional global leadership as cognitive expertise in the domain of global change. [ARTICLE]. Osland, J., Bird, A., Oddou, G., Osland, A. (2013). European Journal of International Management. 7(5):517 – 534. [An examination of how the work context influences global leaders’ expertise.]
- Repatriating Knowledge: Variables Influencing the “Transfer” Process. [ARTICLE.] Oddou, G., Osland, J. S., & Blakeney, R. N. (2009). Journal of International Business Studies, 40(2), 181–199. [Concept and core mechanics of Repatriate Knowledge Transfer, i.e. transferring the knowledge that repatriates acquire during international assignments to their work units.]
- Beyond Sophisticated Stereotyping: Cultural Sensemaking in Context [and Executive Commentaries]. [ARTICLE]. Osland, J. S., & Bird, A. (2000). The Academy of Management Executive (1993), 14(1), 65–79. [Explanations and demonstrations of the Cultural Sensemaking Model.]
- Professor Emerita, Former Director of the Global Leadership Advancement Center and Former Lucas Endowed Professor of Global Leadership, San Jose State University
- Senior Partner, Kozai Group
Fun Fact –
Joyce began her career working in a Scottish school for emotionally disturbed boys
Favorite After Hours Treat –