- Intercultural Communication
- Intercultural Competence Development
- Global Leadership Development
- Intercultural Diversity and Inclusion
Selected Accomplishments, Contributions & Clients
- The Covid Test of Organizations: Diversity as an Asset. Article. 2021. Sviluppo&Organizzazione, 300. Accademia Italiana di Economia Aziendale, Italy.
- Psychology of Hate: Hate, Cults, and Culture. Podcast. April 2021. Dr. Edward Dunbar’s Voices Against Hate podcast series.
- A Constructivist Approach to Assessing Intercultural Communication Competence. Chapter. 2020. In The Cambridge Handbook of Intercultural Communication (pp. 521–535). Cambridge University Press. doi.org/10.1017/9781108555067.038
- Culture, Cognition, and Consciousness. Conference Remarks. November 2019. Tabula Rasa? Neuroscienze e culture, 85. Fondazione Intercultura, Tuscany, Italy.
- Building More Viable Multicultural Societies and Organizations. Video Interview. 2019. Conducted by C. Barmeyer, Universität Passau in cooperation with Universität München and Virtuelle Hochschule Bayern.
- Developmental model of intercultural sensitivity. Chapter. 2017. In Y. Y. Kim (Ed). The International Encyclopedia of Intercultural Communication. Wiley. doi.org/10.1002/9781118783665. (PDF version available here).
- Building capacity for intercultural citizenship. Article. 2018. With lead author I. Castiglioni. Open Journal of Social Sciences, 6(3), 229-241. doi.org/10.4236/jss.2018.63016
- The Value of Cultural Diversity: Rhetoric and Reality. Conference Remarks. 2016. International Academy of Intercultural Research 9th Biennial Congress, Bergen, Norway. doi.org/10.1186/s40064-016-2456-2
- Defining, measuring, and facilitating intercultural learning: a conceptual introduction to the Intercultural Education double supplement. Article. 2009. Intercultural Education (London, England), 20, S1–S13. doi.org/10.1080/14675980903370763
- Basic Concepts of Intercultural Communication: Paradigms, Principles, & Practices. Editor. 2013. Boston: Intercultural Press.
- A developmental approach to training for intercultural sensitivity. Article. 1986. International Journal of Intercultural Relations, 10(2), 179-196. doi.org/10.1016/0147-1767(86)90005-2. (PDF version available here).
Instrument-rated private pilot who flies his plane around the US West Coast
Favorite After Hours Treat
Reds: Oregon Pinot Noir or Piemonte Nebbiolo; Whites: New Zealand Sauvingnon Blanc